- Reading List: EPIC Vermont
- Science: COVID has been so horrible in so many ways, but the access to science at home has been wonderful. Montshire At Home. The Montshire Museum has developed, hosted and curated by the Montshire’s Education team, this online learning series features videos, photos and resources, that enable young learners to explore inquiry-based science concepts using a variety of learning methods. Resources aimed to support families, teachers and students include video and photo explorations of science concepts, downloadable activities, live special events, teacher guides and virtual field trips. Montshire at Home resources align with the Next Generation Science Standards for grade levels K-6.
Where Ice Cream Flavors Go What happens to ice cream flavors that some people like but most don’t? If you’re at Ben & Jerry’s, they go to the Flavor Graveyard. And after being around for more than 30 years, those flavors begin to stack up. Read on to devour the melty math in retired ice cream flavors!
Bedtime Math is a great website and today you get to devour this fun math lesson from them.
- History: VermontHistory.org has a home school section that is perfect for your “bored time” during COVID. Vermont is rich in history and this is a great place to start.
- Writing: Ann Braden the author of The Benefits of Being An Octopus which is my Book Pick has an ONLINE RESOURCES TO SUPPORT AT-HOME LEARNING: A Three-Part Video Series on Creative Writing. Tune in and watch all 3 videos.
- Art: When I was in Vermont it was in the fall and of course I fell in love with the trees. I brought back this little book and absolutely love it. You may use it for inspiration or you can just be creative. Make something out of leaves.
- Book Pick: Benefits of Being An Octopus: I picked this book up to read on the plane on my way to Vermont and I absolutely loved it.
“Some people can do their homework. Some people get to have crushes on boys. Some people have other things they’ve got to do.”
I would love to have parents read this book with their children. It really allows you to embark on a wonderful discussions about poverty. #TeamOctopus
- updated April 2021 I love the Benefits of Being an Octopus. Equally obsessed the The Flight of The Puffin.
Also Check out our Blog on Switzerland / Austria for Around The World in 80 Days