1. Reading List: EPIC South Carolina
2. Math: From Upper Elementary : “One recent study of 4th and 5th graders in South Carolina demonstrated that math scores were notably higher for children who were given 10 or 20 minutes to exercise and move around as a break, compared to children who received a math lesson in a sedentary classroom environment. ” So, today the South Carolina Math Lesson needs to be done outside.
Activity #1: Sidewalk Shapes
Activity #2: Capture the Flag with Math
Activity #3: The Big Number Board Game
All the activities can be found at : Upper Elementary Snapshots
3. Science: Carolina Biological Supply Company offers a broad range of free resources for grades K–12 that complement and extend learning in the home during this educational disruption. https://www.carolina.com/xm/service-updates
4. History: The Union Carnegie Library is housed in the very first library building in South Carolina to be given by Andrew Carnegie. Spend 5 minutes researching Carnegie Libraries. Which libraries in Idaho were donated by Andrew Carnegie?
5. Art: Printmaking
One of Miss Sherry’s favorite vacations as a kidd was to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. This state art activity is from a museum in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.
6. Writing: Here are some writing tips from South Carolina. Simple writer’s check list. https://ed.sc.gov/tests/tests-files/sc-ready-files/sc-ready-writers-checklist-grades-3-8/
7. Book Pick: The Inside of Out
What happens when your good intentions and desire to be a good ally end up turning the spotlight on you, rather than on the cause you’re trying to champion? That’s the heart of Thorne’s story, which follows a girl who wants to be the best she can in advocating for LGBTQ rights because of her friend’s coming out. When the story grows beyond her control, though, her best friend and her real struggles are left in the dust.
Instagram: South Carolina