Today we talked about Massachusetts. We read most of Paul Revere, Boy of Old Boston by Augusta Stevenson.
For snack we had Boston cream cake!
Originally published May 14, 2020.
- Book List: EPIC Massachusetts
- Math: Scratch It’s time to code! MIT Massachusetts Institute for Technology is where SCRATCH came from. For many of you that took joined Coding Club or participated in Girls Who Code are aware of SCRATCH. If you have not played around on SCRATCH now is your chance.
- Science: Hey, kids are you interested in science? Boston, Massachusetts is home to some of the very best colleges, science minds, an science museums in the world. The repository of STEM education, STEAM and Science exhibits, activities and archives are exciting, impressive and quite accessible. Boston Central has a list of great museums most of them have wonderful online resources. One of my favorites is the Museum Of Science in Boston. Complete at least one of the #ScienceAtHome projects. #MOSatHome
- History: WITCHES The Salem Witch Trials were a crazy part of history. Learn a little bit about the Salem Witch Trials. Miss Sherry loves crazy artists on YouTube. Dr.DeMaio has a super fun YouTube. (Parents: Dr. DeMaio’s channel is available on YT Kids)
- Writing: Imagine Your Story Write about Witches. It could be a short story, a novel, a historical essay, maybe a new recipe for a spell, whatever your choice of writing is today; write about witches and submit it. [email protected]
- Art: The Boston Children’s Museum has a wonderful site set up to help with after-school. This site is called Beyond The Chalkboard. The activities on Beyond The Chalkboard could be utilized during distance learning and certainly for studying the state of Massachusetts.
7. Book Pick: The Scarlett Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne
Idaho Digital Consortium: Audiobook
Idaho Digital Consortium: EBook
8. Fun Fact: The Chocolate Chip Cookie didn’t exist prior to 1938, when it was invented by the owner of the Toll House Inn in Whitman, Massachusetts. – Source
BONUS: Read Belle’s Journey We discovered this book when we were reading doing 80 Days Around the World.