- Book List: EPIC Illinois
- Math: One of the great things that have happened as a result of the COVID-19 Outbreak is the resources now available for FREE on the internet. University of Chicago has a program called Everyday Mathematics and right now you can download your child’s age group activities for free to help master teaching your child the basics of math. If you have a child struggling in mathematics this is a must explore. The For Parents section is organized by grade level, so that parents can easily find resources and information most relevant to their child. Under each grade, you will find a detailed overview of the goals specific to that grade level, tables to help with homework and concepts for each unit, a Student Gallery of classroom projects and activities. Tap into the University of Chicago STEM education and help your students get the jump on their math education.
3.Science: Explore the Chicago Museum of Science and Industry. They have several online digital options available.
4. Art: Children’s Museum Of Illinois has a great site called Home Fun For Everyone.
The Children’s Museum of Illinois has several awesome STEM art projects to do right at home. They have tries to use materials that you will likely have on hand and projects you can do from the comfort of your own kitchen. Walking Rainbow is one of the projects. Complete at least one of the fun projects they recommend on their website.
If you are still saying “I am bored” try Recipes For Home from the Chicago Children’s Museum..
You could make a Sound Sandwich with the Chicago Museum of Science and Industry
5. Historyc: It is hard to talk about the history of Illinois without talking about the great Abraham Lincoln.
Scholastic has opened up numerous lesson plans for each age group. Currently the lesson plans are available at no charge. Choose a plan that matches your child’s grade. Scholastic Lessons
6. Writing: Create an Acrostic Poem for the Corona Virus. You can use the word: Illinois, COVID, Corona, Virus, or others. Send your completes acrostic to Miss Sherry [email protected]
7. YA Book Pick: I am Not Your Perfect Mexican Daughter