Friends of the Donnelly Public Library
Thursday, February 4, 2021
Meeting was called to order at 6:05 p.m.
- Amanda called the meeting to order.
Members and people present were –
Via Zoom: Marta Frost, Mary Stegner, Beth Heflin and Cece Carson.
In person: Cliff Scheline, Kim Drake, Hannah Carroll, Amanda Vrany, Sherry Scheline and Jayme Gamble. 1st Junior Friends of the Library meeting held before ours
- Hannah introduced the members, shared some ideas they have, and they have received the group’s first donation. As a result of the donation a motion was made by Hannah to open a checking account for the JFOL, it was seconded by Jayme Gamble and passed unanimously.
Spring Fling – A Mountain Getaway
- Donations: $20 gift certificate from Stacey’s Cake, bottle of wine from Jayme, Flower wreath – collected by Mary, Tamarack Night Lodge Stay and Dinner – collected by Cece and Hannah. • Tickets to be sold for $10 a piece or 6 tickets for $50.
- Starts Valentine’s Day Weekend thru March 20th.
- Ideas for advertising: Flyers at Tamarack, coffee houses, information to be available to e-mail to friends and family etc. The Donnelly Public Library’s AmeriCorps volunteer to design. • Amanda will ask Michelle if she will assist with the raffle tickets again.
- Marta offered to put the flyers in her vacation rentals – Thanks Marta!
NEA Big Read – Donnelly, McCall, and Cascade
- Grant money received/awarded – $10,000.
- Big Shindig March 20th, 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. in Donnelly: Firepits – Donnelly Fire Dept., Band – info to come, crafts projects.
- Copies of the hardback edition of Circe by Madeline Miller have been ordered from Barn Owl Bookstore in McCall to be handed out.
- April thru 3rd week in May: Immersion in Greek Mythology with an event to cap it off, again 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. in Donnelly.
- Discussion about inviting food truck vendors and Debra Staup, our local Greek goddess, to teach dancing.
Pledge of Allegiance Recited
Meeting was ended at 6:45 p.m.
Next meeting: March 4th at 6:00 p.m.