We’re looking forward to a great Independence Day! It reminds us that as a governmental entity, our main goal is to serve our patrons and truly be “of the people, by the people, for the people.” (from Lincoln’s Gettysburg Address). With this in mind, we would love the people to join us in the budget process this year. Laura (our Board of Trustees chair) and Sherry (the library director) attended a budget training in May. We are holding our public budget hearing on July 9th at 6:00 p.m. at the library. If you have any questions or comments on the budget, please let Laura ([email protected]) or Sherry ([email protected]) know.
Our official Notice of Hearing in the Star News (link below) includes the proposed budget. We have included a bit more detailed information below, and are happy to provide more information if you come by the library or email us.
The Donnelly Public Library District was established in November, 2017. The Library District took over operations of the Donnelly library July 1, 2018 (exactly one year ago today!). The library offers a sizeable collection of books and media for checkout, 3 public computer terminals, wifi, and programming. This year the library added access to digital audiobooks and ebooks through the Idaho Digital Consortium, available through Overdrive or the Libby app. We partnered with 4-H to provide after school programming at the library and elementary school two days a week. The online card catalog, events calendar and updates are available by clicking the menu titles above. The library is currently open Tuesday to Friday 12:00-6:00 p.m.
This budget is for the fiscal year starting October 1, 2019 and ending September 30, 2020. Wages are based on three employees, a Library Director at $17.50/hour for 30 hours/week each, a Staff Librarian at $12/hour for 10-15 hours a week and a Programming Librarian for $12/hour for 10-15 hours a week. The total budgeted hours for library employees is 2860 hours. Additional hours for specific purposes like programming and training could be covered by grant funds if they are received for that purpose.
The taxing district revenue is estimated to be $57,500. Under this budget approximately 68% of library funding is covered by district tax funding. The remaining 32% is a combination of donations, grants and fees.
We are excited to be embarking upon our second year. The most important thing to us is our patrons’ satisfaction. Given the meteoric rise in circulation and attendance, we think you’re happy. We encourage you to come to the library often and leave us feedback.
Happy 4th of July! Stay safe and have fun!
Donnelly Public Library
Visit. Read. Repeat.