Friends of the Donnelly Public Library
Thursday, November 5, 2020
Meeting was called to order at 6:12 p.m.
- Amanda called the meeting to order.
Member and people present were:
Amanda Vrany, President; Amy Stavynskyy, Vice President; CeCe Carson, Social Secretary, Kim Drake, Recording Secretary. Sherry Scheline, Director; Laura Bettis, Trustee.
Jayme Gamble, Member; Hannah Carroll, Senior Project; Karen Tatum Ternes, Member; Marta and Olivia Frost, Member; Clifford Scheline, Member.
- Book Sale was a big success, got rid of almost 6,000 books.
- Around 900 total attended the Trunk or Treat in Donnelly. Lots of books handed out. Finances
- Beth was unable to attend, Sherry gave us a report. Beth has taken care of making sure that our City and State taxes will be paid when due. Filed $7 for City taxes and close to the same is expected for State taxes.
- $17,000 in FOL banking account. Everyone is in favor of seeing how FOL can help with the Donnelly Public Library expansion and in using the funds accordingly.
- Some discussion on putting the cash into a Money Market account, nothing was decided at the meeting.
- Idaho First is unable to display items in the lobby due to Covid-19.
- Sherry will speak to Jill at the Trading Post Store in Donnelly about displaying it there the week of Thanksgiving.
- Making a flyer to send home with the kids at school so everyone is aware of the raffle. • Sherry agreed to displaying the quilt at the library.
- Venmo – setting up a Venmo account to purchase raffle tickets, comment back with ticket number. Also, discussion on setting up Venmo to sign up for FOL membership or to donate monies.
- CeCe will work on a sign for the quilt.
- Raffle will be held at the end of the day during the December 5th Holiday Bazaar to be held at the Donnelly Bible Church. Will recruit kids dressed up to sell tickets during the Bazaar. • We will be selling $5 wrapped “Mystery Books”.
Expansion of the Donnelly Public Library
- The Donnelly Public Library is the proud owner of the lot to the east of the building. Laura checked with the insurance company and the lot can be used now.
- Jobs to be done includes excavation of the lot. It is hoped to use the front of the lot for parking a couple of cars while patrons are in the library.
- Fencing the lot was discussed for some time in the future.
- Several have donated to the library and how to recognize their generosity. Talk of giving Thank You cards, Library Swag.
- To avoid having to have several discussions about who and what, a set amount $500 in swag has been donated from FOL.
- A motion to donate $500 was put forward by Kim, CeCe seconded, all were in favor. Sale of Used/Weeded out Books
- John Rose of Boise Books comes up to purchase libraries purged books.
- It was discussed that once books have been put into a sale by the Donnelly Public Library, they then become to the property of FOL. They can be sold as FOL choses.
Festival of Trees
- This Saturday (11/7) Laura and Sherry will work on a tree to be donated to the Progressive Club for their annual Festival of Trees fundraiser, which will be held online this year.
- Amy has offered to donate Hallmark Truck ornaments to be offered for sale at the Bazaar. Many ideas were discussed on how to display them and where the money raised would be most beneficial.
Next FOL Meeting
- December 5th, 2020 at the Donnelly Community Center
- Meeting was ended at 7:03 p.m.
- We will have a Book Wrapping Party after the regular meeting, everyone can bring their favorite treat to share.
- Thanks to Kim Drake for providing the snacks.
- Beth Heflin offered to bring treats for the December meeting, thanks Beth. We will all bring something to share this meeting.