Today we read The Three Little Javelinas by Susan Lowell, a western spin on the familiar tale of The Three Little Pigs.
After reading the book, the kids took turns building houses and judging their sturdiness as coyotes.
Snack was chips and salsa.
Originally posted June 15, 2020.
- Book List: EPIC New Mexico
- Math: Santa Fe is known for their Balloon Festival. There is a little balloon video game that combines math and science. Give it a try. https://www.brainpop.com/games/hotairballoon/
- Science: Mineral Monday New Mexico Natural History has a wonderful program. “Mineral Monday”
- Writing: USE WHAT THEY LOVE this is one of 7 writing prompts from the Santa Fe New Mexican Practice your writing by using the provided writing prompts.
- History: New Mexico History Museum has a great interactive page with several options for you to discover. Complete one of the interactive activities. New Mexico History Museum
- Art: Saige the American Girl, Doll Of The Year is from New Mexico and is an artist. Saige Copeland Play the game on the AG website.
Have you ever come close to losing something you love? For Saige, she’s desperate to save the arts program that’s set to be cut from her school. At the suggestion of her grandmother, Saige organizes a parade to raise funds for the program. Will it be enough to keep arts in the classroom?
If you have an interest in art spend a little extra time and write a letter to your school and tell them the importance of having an arts program.
7. Book Pick: The American Girl books are great reads that really tap in to the area that they are set in. There are two books about Saige and they are my YA book picks.