Friends of the Donnelly Public Library
Thursday, October 1, 2020
Local photographer Tabitha was on hand to take group photo and a photo of the new FOL Board.
Meeting was called to order at 6:08 p.m.
• Amanda called the meeting to order.
• Recited the Pledge of Allegiance.
Members and people present were:
Amanda Vrany, President; Amy Stavynskyy, Vice President; Beth Heflin, Treasurer; CeCe Carson, Social
Secretary; Kim Drake, Recording Secretary. Sherry Scheline, Director; Laura Bettis, Trustee.
Cheri Wingert, Member; Melissa Maini, Member; Kathy Scheline, Member; Cliff Scheline, Member;
Hannah Carroll, Senior Project; Mary Stegner, Member; Karen Tatum Ternes, Member.
Plus 3 kids. Thanks to Tabitha for the childcare.
Amanda Vrany asked volunteers to get last year’s hours turned in to Sherry. Also, payment of last year’s
dues still owed and new dues for the start of the new fiscal year for the FOL which runs from October to
Month of October
• Book sale to get rid of overstock. Saturday, October 17th
, 9am to 4pm at the library.
• Mary Stegner will organize volunteers for 2-hour shifts.
• Melissa Maini will design a flyer to send home with the kids and post around the school. She has
also volunteered to set up a display of the merchandise at the sale.
• Selling a Donnelly Library bag which the purchaser can fill with books for $10 has been a big hit
at the Farmers’ Market.
• Cece Carson will put out a Facebook blast.
• Laura Bettis will bring additional tables.
• Amanda Vrany suggested putting an ad in the local newspaper.
• Trunk or Treat is going ahead this year. A motion to spend $150 for new books to be handed out
to the kids was put forth by Laura Bettis and seconded by Cece Carson. All in favor.
Month of November
• Raffle for a beautiful donated Christmas quilt.
• Suggestion to display quilt at Idaho First Bank.
• Print a nice ticket (instead of the usual raffle type ticket).
• Cost of the ticket will be $10 each or six for $50.
• Winner will be announced at a Christmas Fair to be held at the church on December 5th.
Month of December
• Read – A – Thon, Adults and Kids. Kids could ask for sponsors. Adults would pay their own fee to
• Any ideas you may have, or research done can be addressed at the November meeting. Please
let Amanda Vrany know ahead of the meeting.
• Tent used at the Farmers’ Market/Donnelly Library needs to be replaced. Laura Bettis offered to
• The lot next to the library on the east side is in the process of being purchased. A Budget hearing
is set for October 8, 2020 at the Donnelly Public Library. All are welcome to attend. Very exciting
• Lots of discussion on how to involve kids, age 10 and older, to volunteer. Hannah will work on
this as a part of her Senior Project with Sherry Scheline as her mentor, Amanda Vrany as FOL
President and FOL members as needed.
• Cece Carson shared information on how to set up Amazon Smiles with our personal accounts.
Type in Smile.Amazon.com in search bar, donate to Friends of Donnelly Library.
Book Money Donation
• Each year FOL has donated $600 to the library to assist in purchasing books requested by
• Sherry Scheline asked if FOL would like to do so again.
• A motion was made by Cece Carson to donate the $600 dollars for – 2020/2021. Karen Tatum
Ternes seconded. All in favor.
Next FOL Meeting
• November 5th, 2020 at the Donnelly Public Library.
• Meeting was ended at 7:03 pm.
• Thanks to Kathy and Cliff Scheline for providing the snacks.
• Kim Drake is on snack duty for the November meeting.