- This event has passed.
September 28, 2021 @ 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Explain What Types of Animals Live in the Jungle & What Foods Do They Eat?
- You could talk about different jungle cat species like panthers, tigers, jaguars, leopards, lions etc. (These animals eat meat or other animals that they hunt down as prey.)
- reptiles and snakes (Many of these will eat rodents or frogs, some large snakes will eat large animals etc.)
- You can discuss bears and different types of bears like Koala bears, panda bears (Bears generally like to eat things like fish, different types of nuts, berries, honey, leaves and more.)
- Monkeys, apes and gorillas. (Monkeys & gorillas will eat fruits like bananas, coconuts, seeds and things like that.)
- Zebras are like a type of horse that is black and white that is out on jungle plains and you might see on a safari. (Zebras eat tall grass and vegetation)
- Giraffes are very tall and run very fast with long necks. (Giraffes eat leaves and berries, fruits etc. off of tall trees.)
- Elephants are wrinkly and grey or brown usually. They have long trunks and white ivory tusks. (Elephants eat things like leaves from trees, shrubs, and shoots.)
- Cheetahs are another type of wild cat that can be found on a safari or in the jungles. (Cheetahs run very fast and eat meat or other animals that they hunt down.)
- Alligators or crocodiles live in the rivers, swamps and lakes. (Crocodiles like to eat meat or other animals that enter too close to the water or fish.)
- Rhinoceros are big strong animals with a horn in between it’s eyes. (They eat plants and different forms of vegetation etc.)
- Different Jungle Birds like parrots and vultures etc.( Some jungle birds eat insects, seeds, nuts and fruit others like vultures eat meat of dead or dying animals.)
- Hippopotamus’ swim in the water and have very large mouths with big teeth and strong jaws. (They eat grass, vegetation and fish, water life.)…etc.
You Can Talk About & Explain What a Jungle Looks Like?
How is the jungle different from a forest?
What types of things might you find in a jungle? (eg. Things like waterfalls, rivers, lakes for the animals to have drinking water)
What type of plants, trees and grass might you find in the jungle? (eg. Palm trees, coconut trees, banana trees, mango trees, pineapples)
Provide colorful books and photos of the jungle using real life images of jungle related plants, animals, fruits, water falls, rivers, jungle people etc.
Find coloring sheets and worksheets about the jungle, jungle games and animals for this
What colors do we find in the jungle?
What colors are the different animals that you find there?
Where Does Each Jungle Animal Live?
Each kind of animal will find a home within their natural habitat, the jungle. What kind of a home do they have for them and their animal families? Different animals have different types of homes. These could be a nest, a den or a burrow. Other animals may live under a rock, in a hollow tree trunk, up high in trees, in the water etc.