March/ April Director Report
COVID We operated on limited hours from March 17th -May 1st. We were not open on Saturdays and did curbside from 12-3. We did not limit check outs and did not allow the public into the library. We updated our website almost daily. Here are some of the things we have done. :
We have been updating this page regularly:
- Storytime: Monday-Friday at 2:00 LIVE Facebook Will be switching to just Wednesdays. Copyright laws prohibit you from reading online, but are unclear. Some publisher’s lifted those restrictions. It’s a weird gray area and so to play it safe we are switching to 1 day a week so that I do not have excess work should the abilities be lifted June 1st.
- 50 States: We wanted to allow the kids to continue their 50 state study. We are adding the states on our blog. We are through to Maine. http://donnelly.lili.org/50-states-in-50-days/
- Pinterest (other social media for idea sharing.) https://www.pinterest.com/donnellylibrary/
We have increased our social media presence to be a more active part in the “at home” learning process. Including adding a Pinterest page.
4. Multiple Blogs for Ideas. We have tried to post 3-5 times a week.
5. Middle School Book Club ZOOM http://donnelly.lili.org/middle-school-book-club/
6. EPIC Reading Contest over 880 hours spent reading 1,219 books
7. Headstart Reading Bingo
8. Increase usage on Libby (Idaho Digital Consortium) Friends $2,000
9. Inventory (Weeding)
10. Grants Applied for Rotary/ LMCF / Stibnite / LOT
LOT split in to two different grants.
11. Wifi Filtering
13. Summer Reading Program: Weekly stem to go packets. Reading at Farmers Market.
14. Library items for sale on FB Classifieds. I emailed ARSL and came up with the following response. http://donnelly.lili.org/time-to-return-your-library-items/
15. Community Service. We only have one individual right now completing court appointed service. She only has 20 hours. It has been down since court has been limited.
16. Last board meeting we hosted Candidate Meet and Greet, as it turned out it will be the only publicly attended forum prior to the primary.
17. Ideas for moving forward… Open to ideas to continually having patrons active in the next couple months.
18. Thank you to the Board. I have watched a number of different libraries over the last few months and really respected how our board has given me choice and freedom. You have allowed me to be safe and continue to serve those who I feel are most vulnerable. Thank you.
19. New computer, new router, and new cabinets.
20. Membership growth during Covid. 1233 and now we have 1257 (24 new members while we were closed) a nearly 2% increase while we going through Corona.