Letter from The Director
Greetings! It has been a wild and crazy couple weeks for our Nation. I wanted to address a few things in a post to hopefully, answer a few questions.
- Are we open? a. At present our hours will remain Tuesday – Saturday 12:00-6:00 P.M.
The global situation is evolving rapidly. I am not committing to remaining open or closing at this time. We will make decisions as the situation evolves. The well-being of our staff and patrons is our primary priority.
2. Can CoronaVirus live on books? a. Yes it can.
At present we will not be taking ANY book donations. We appreciate your kindness, but for the next 30 days we are going to focus on our current inventory and our staff will be using the time to clean and disinfect.
All books will be wiped down upon return and have a 3 day period prior to be circulated again. We recognize that this will impact holds and for that we apologize ahead of time.
3. Can I have extra check-out time? a. Of Course. Take as much time as you need. We will be extending check-out times during the COVID-19 outbreak to 45 days and if you need more just let us know.
4. Did we take items out of circulation? a. Yes, we did. We removed the American Girl Dolls from circulation and numerous other items that would prove to be difficult to completely disinfect. We have also removed some literature that is not suited to be wiped with a bleach wipe.
5. Are we still offering programs? a. Emerging, is the best answer I have for this at this time.
We will be suspending Toddler Time at this time.
TeaTime at 2 on Tuesdays will also be put on hold.
After-school program will be subject to the school’s decisions. www.mdsd.org If the McCall-Donnelly School District should suspend classes, DRC (Donnelly Reading Club) would follow this protocol.
We reserve the right to change this decision at anytime.
6. Can I get resources at home? a. YES
www.getepic.com (Classroom Code MPZ6722)
Our library staff is ready to help you. I am willing to help you have home access even if the Library is closed.
Sherry Scheline 208-630-3723 is my cell. I hope that my commitment to literacy is more powerful than CoronaVirus.
7. Can you bring my books to the car? a. You bet we can.
www.donnelly.biblionix.com find what you want, call us and we will bring it out the door to you. You do not even need to come in to the L:ibrary.
8. Do we have books on the CoronaVirus? a. Not yet. We certainly have many books that may be of interest during this time.
9. Do we recommend any good websites for CoronaVirus? a. Stick to the facts. www.cdc.gov
10. Are we scared? a. I believe strongly that we have a staff that loves our community. If at any reason they become concern they can address it with me confidently. We will take the necessary steps to be the best Library for our community during this time.
Hopefully, that answers some of the immediate questions. PLEASE note that this is a changing situation daily. A decision that is made today, may not be the decision tomorrow. Thank you!
Director Donnelly Library