We realize that many of you are home bound. The recent uptick in COVID-19 in our community has brought us awareness that many are not coming out of their homes. We wanted to make sure you had access to the community bulletin board outside the Library for the latest happenings in Donnelly.
Fourth of July:
The City of Donnelly has cancelled their annual 4th of July Fireworks Show.
Donnelly Public Library will be closed July4th to allow our staff the opportunity to celebrate with their families.
Donnelly Public Library Budget Hearing : Proposed FY 2021
Donnelly Public Library Summer Reading in full swing. Summer Reading
Donnelly Huckleberry Festival
It is with heavy hearts that The Donnelly Area Chamber of Commerce has decided to cancel this year’s Huckleberry Festival. We want to thank all of you who participated in meetings and/or shared your input concerning the 2020 Huckleberry Festival. The decision was incredibly difficult to make, however, we felt it would be almost impossible to follow Central District Health’s protocols for a festival that typically sees 8,000 to 10,000 people visiting Donnelly in a single weekend. We knew that whatever decision was made some people/businesses would be happy and some upset, and we are truly sorry for that. This situation does not create a win for anyone unless it keeps the spread of COVID at bay.
We would all like to keep the spirit of Huckleberry Festival alive and well, so if you would participate at the business level and decorate your store front so that the community is purple during the month of August that would be awesome! In addition, we are working on plans to promote Donnelly later in the year when things have calmed!
Enjoy this beautiful weather in our little slice of paradise. Be safe. Be kind. The Chamber Board and members met and it was decided that in the interest of our community we will forego our traditional Huckleberry Festival this year. ? We want to encourage you to support Donnelly businesses. Covid-19 has been difficult on small businesses around the globe. Communities like Donnelly hurt with a cancellation of this magnitude. Please support our local businesses through this decision. #ShopDonnelly #StayInDonnelly #VacationInDonnelly #GiveInDonnelly ? #Covid19 may stop #HuckleberryFestival but it won’t stop the #Huckleberries ? Show us your huckleberries. Post photos picking, baking, eating… however you enjoy your huckleberries tag it with #VisitDonnelly for a chance to WIN some #HuckleberrySwag ? ??????????#huckleberryFestival2020 #HuckleberryLove #HuckFest #HuckTrot #HuckleberryTime #IllBeYourHuckleberry #donnellyIdaho
Donnelly Farmers’ Market every Wednesday 3:00- 6:00 P.M. at Donnelly City Market
We want to remind you that Donnelly Farmers’ Market accepts SNAP / EBT You may not need to know this, but you may have a friend or know of a community member that needs this. Please share.
Valley County 4-H Country Corrals will be at the Library July 15th 12-2 Great event for kids and the whole family.
Valley County Soil and Water Conservation District:
VALLEY SOIL AND WATER CONSERVATION DISTRICT
DUE TO COVID-19 AND STATE PUBLIC GATHERING RESTRICTIONS, JULY MEETING ONLINE- ZOOM
CONTACT [email protected]CDNET.NET FOR MEETING ID # TO JOIN
THURSDAY JULY 2, 2020 9:00 A.M. ZOOM
9 A.M. Call to Order
Action Item: Approve and sign June 4, 2020 minutes. Draft minutes emailed to board.
1. Guest Organization updates:
a. Friends of Lake Cascade
2. 319 S602 Project Tour with Katy Carberry, September 2020
3. August 6
thBoard Meeting schedule conflict. Valley County Fair and 4-H Livestock shows.
4. 21st Century Conservation Corps for our Health and our Jobs Act- Possible Letter of Support?
5. ISWCC Customer Survey – rec’d and forwarded to VSWCD board members 6/29/20
1. ISWCC June 11th Meeting report – Ralph Thier
2. IASCD June 12th Meeting report – John Lillehaug and Ralph Thier
3. VSWCD Newsletter draft, labels printed.
4. 319 Application
a. Letters of Support
b. Project tour with Bill Lillibridge
c. Load reduction calculations
5. 319 S554 Final report copies available (20) and distribution update. Also available on website
6. State NPS Grant and West Mtn. Fencing Schedule
7. Shared Stewardship June 10th Meeting report – John Lillehaug and Ralph Thier
8. Payette National Forest Coalition June 18th Meeting report – Ralph Thier
NRCS Updates: Scott Henderson, Final report
FINANCIAL Action Items:
1. Action Item: Treasurer’s Report. Accept and file for FY20 year-end June 30, 2020 (Bank reconciliations for
General account and 319 account; LGIP and monthly A/P (Ziply Fiber (formerly Frontier), NPERS)
2. FY21 VSWCD Budget Discussion
Valley County P & Z:- July 9thHearing at 6 p.m.
1. CUP 20-06 Appel Subdivision – Preliminary and Final Plat
2. CUP 20-08 RMC Equipment Storage
3. CUP 20-10 Clear Creek Crossing – Preliminary Plat
4. CUP 20-11 Matlena Farms Event Venue
Facts and Conclusions – Action Items
1. V-1-20 Dellwo Setback Variance
2. CUP 20-07 Valley County Recycling Site
3. CUP 20-09 BP Property Equipment Storage
Valley County P &Z: July 16th Hearing at 6 p.m.
1. CUP20-12 Stibnite Gold Project Logistics Facility
Date Reminders Recap:
July 9th, 6 p.m. P & Z Call Doug Miller (208) 382-7100 or Cynda Herrick (208) 382-7115 for verbal testimony or
July 15th 319 Application due
July 16th6 p.m. P & Z
th Valley County Fair
August VSWCD Board Meeting TBD 9:00 a.m. TBD ZOOM/Online or VSWCD office. FY21 Budget discussion.
For information to join online meetings contact [email protected] for meeting ID.
Virtual Town Hall Hosted by St. Luke’s McCall
If you have information or community events to post during COVID-19 please send them to [email protected] and we will work to get them added.