Today we read Max, Mollie, and the Magic of Sea Glass by Ardis Glace.
Sea glass is broken glass that has been worn smooth by being tumbled in the ocean.
It’s a good reminder that hardships, while painful, can still result in something beautiful.
We had California pizza and Santa Cruz lemonade for snack. We also gobbled up some black olives. 🫒
We try to share with the kids some personal experiences with each state. Today, Miss Sherry shared about the time that her and Cason visited the Poppy Super Bloom.
All the students went home with their own SeaGlass thanks to the best librarian ever Ms. Mare.
- Reading List: EPIC California
- Math: California is a BIG state. Not just in population but in square mileage. California Census Take a few minutes and figure our how many total residents in California. Now figure out how many square miles California is. Compare it to another state by applying the same math.
- Science: Stuck At Home Science. California Science Center has made science from your home enjoyable and EASY.Each week, they will focus on a new theme. Explore with them while you’re Stuck at Home!
4. Book Pick: Harry Potter And The Sorcerer’s Stone This story is not set in California but the Wizarding World of Harry Potter is. Universal Studios is .home to the Wizarding World. Currently until the end of the month we are featuring Harry Potter And The Sorcerer’s Stone with no holds or wait times on the Idaho Digital Consortium
5. History: California Gold Rush Take a few minutes and learn about the California Gold Rush. Compare the California Gold Rush to mining operations of today. Learn about our own Midas Gold
6.Writing: Art and writing are a group exercise today. One of the places that has made California famous is Hollywood. Hollywood is home to the motion picture industry. Write a movie script for a short film.
7. Art: Take your script that you have written and using your family members as actors and prompts from around your home perform your short film. Remember to video it on your parents phone and send it off to [email protected] to be entered into the Donnelly Oscars.
California is home to Legoland.
Need a few ideas on how to bring LEGOLAND to life at home? We’ve got some awesome content and building videos below, made just for you.
Be sure to give it a try, show us your builds, and share with us your ideas of we should build next at #LLCBuildingChallenge! (TAG DONNELLY PUBLIC LIBRARY TOO so we can repost it!)