Friends of the Donnelly Public Library
Thursday, April 8, 2021
Meeting was called to order at 6:01 p.m.
- Amanda called the meeting to order.
- Amanda led us in the Pledge of Allegiance.
Members and people present were –
Via Zoom: Cece Carson.
In person: Cliff Scheline, Kathy Scheline, Hannah Carroll, Amanda Vrany, Sherry Scheline, Jayme Gamble, Mary Stegner, Marta Frost, Beth Heflin, and Kim Drake.
Spring Fling – A Mountain Getaway
- Event raised $960.
- Event raised $5,000.
- There will be an ice cream party for both 3rd grade classes at the Donnelly Elementary School. • A motion was made by Amanda to pay for any ice cream supplies not donated, Jayme seconded, all in favor.
NEA Big Read – Donnelly, McCall, and Cascade – March 20th
- The kids made Dream Catchers to sell at the March 20th event. Cost of materials was $500. • Amanda made a motion to reimburse the library for the cost, Jayme seconded, all in favor. • Note: There are still art supplies on hand which will be used for second NEA Big Read event and throughout the summer.
Summer Reading Program
- “Tails and Tales”
- Lots of great ideas were shared. We will discuss more next meeting after the Donnelly Library Board meets.
Huck Trot – August 13th, 14th, 15th
- Jayme offered to help. Tricia Backus was also mentioned. Planning still in the works. Ayurveda with Jean Keese – April 21st
- A class on Ayurveda – a traditional Indian system of medicine with a holistic approach, 6:30 p.m. at the Library.
Show Brazil – April 27th
- Show Brazil will have two hours of fun and frolic.
- 10:00 a.m. will be story time followed at 11:00 a.m. with song and dance.
- The elementary school teachers have been invited to attend.
NEA Big Read Event – Wrap Up, May 23rd, 3:00 – 5:00 p.m.
- To be held in Roseberry.
- Melissa Maini will be asked if her kids would like to dress up and help out. Summer Farmers Market
- Sherry has submitted the necessary paperwork and sales tax information. • June 16th looks to be the first day as of now.
- Volunteers needed.
Community Yard Sale – Saturday, May 29th
- Volunteers needed to load up books to sell, set up tables etc.
- Marta offered to loan us a trailer to move everything – Thanks Marta!
- This led to a discussion on purchasing a trailer for the FOL to store and move books around. Cece volunteered to do some research, along with Amanda and Jayme.
Meeting was ended at 6:58 p.m.
Next meeting: May 6th at 6:00 p.m.