DONNELLY PUBLIC LIBRARY DISTRICT BOARD OF TRUSTEES
Tuesday, March 9th , 2021
Donnelly Public Library, 150 E. State St., Donnelly, ID (Zoom)
Regular Board Meeting Minutes
- Call to Order @ 6:01 P.M.
Call to order Madame Chair Mary Stegner
Trustees present in Library: Mary Stegner, Camille Nelson, Jean Keese
Present Via Zoom – None
Others present: Director Sherry Scheline, Friends President Amanda Vrany, Joann Fly
- Approval of Agenda – Jean Keese motioned to approve Agenda with the moving of finance to accommodate when Joann Fly is present. / Camille Nelson seconded/ Carried
- Consent Agenda
Reading, correcting, approving or disposing of minutes of previous meeting.
Camille Nelson motioned / Jean Keese seconded / carried
Reports of Officers
- Chair: Mary Stegner is now on the bank account with Lisa Andresen.
- Treasurer- deferred to Joann Fly.
Other officers – no reports
- Program Committee:
Director reported on :
NEA Big Read (Donnelly is hosting the launch party)
Dragon Readers Club
Tea on Tuesday
- Strategic Planning Committee
- Director Report: Need to hire staff because of Katy’s move.
- Policy and Procedure Review : Annual Review of Policies/Procedures and Employee Manual – ACTION Items
- Adopt new policy to review one or two policies per meeting
- Mary Stegner discussed her re-writes to the Personnel Handbook.
- New Business:
Jean Keese made a motion to allow Director the ability to hire staff to fill programming position / Camille Nelson seconded motion carried.
- Incident Reports (involving minors) Jean Keese made a motion to move to executive session / Camille Nelson seconded / Madame Chair held a roll call vote moved to executive session. 6:20 P.M.
Executive Session 6:31 P.M.
Upon returning from executive session it was determined that we would more clearly define wifi hotspot procedure at next meeting and Director would ultimately have discretion on fines pertaining to Hot Spots.
Grants were discussed: Trustees were made aware of each grant the Grant Committee was interested in. Camille Nelson made a motion to accept the slate of grants for approval to submit application to the following: Rotary, LMCF, LOT, CLP, Progressive, Idaho STEM. Jean Keese seconded. Motion carried.
Organizational Structure: Madame Chair presented doing a new organizational structure. Discussion took place and the following was the outcome:
Finance: Lisa Andresen / Mary Stegner / Joann Fly / Sherry Scheline
Policy / Communications: Jean Keese / Mary Stegner / Cece Carson/ Sherry Scheline
Building /Strategic Plan: Mary Stegner / Lisa Andresen / Jean Keese / Camille Nelson/ Laura Bettis / Clifford Scheline/ Jayme Gamble/ Sarah Roach
Grant Committee: Camille Nelson / Sarah Roach / Amanda Vrany
Friends Member on each committee other than Finance. Staff on each committee
External Communications policy was presented. Camille Nelson made the motion to accept the External Communications policy as written. Jean Keese seconded. Motion Carried.
Grant Policy: discussion occurred, agreed to send the current grant policy to Amanda Vrany for review. Jean Keese made a motion to table the grant discussion. Camille Nelson seconded the motion. Motion carried.
- Questions/comments from the public
- Adjournment – motion to adjourn Jean Keese / Camille Nelson