DONNELLY PUBLIC LIBRARY DISTRICT BOARD OF TRUSTEES
Tuesday, January 12th, 2021
Donnelly Public Library, 150 E. State St., Donnelly, ID (Zoom)
Regular Board Meeting Minutes
- Call to Order @ 6:01 P.M.
Call to order Lisa Andresen
Board members present in Library Susan Dorris
Present Via Zoom – Jean Keese, Lisa Andresen, Mary Stegner
Others present via Zoom – JoAnn Fly .
Camille Nelson (board member elect)
Cece Carson (Vice President of Friends of The Donnelly Library)
Others present at the Library: Director Sherry Scheline
- Approval of Agenda – Mary motioned to approve Jean 2nd, motion carried
- Lisa made introduction of Camille Nelson. Discussion occurred that there were no other applicants. Board agreed Camille Nelson was the best candidate
- Lisa Andreson administered Oath of Office
- Election of chair Mary Stegner. Susan motioned , 2nd by Jean so moved.
- Consent Agenda
Reading, correcting, approving or disposing of minutes of previous meeting.
Correct the spelling of Lisa Andresen’s name.
Motion to approve minutes with corrections as noted by Lisa.
Jean motioned, Mary 2nd so moved.
Reports of Officers
- Chair ( Nothing to report)
- Treasurer- deferred to Joann.
Other officers – no reports
- Program Committee:
Discussed the need for Director to communicate with Board any new program.
- Director to make Mary & Jean (Program Committee) part of the conversation
- Director to work on monthly newsletter.
- Director to accept Board input
- Strategic Planning Committee: Jean stated Karen Ternes has agreed to help, Mary Stegner joined the committee. Strategic Planning meeting slated for February 2nd.
- Director’s Report
- Policy and Procedure Review : Annual Review of Policies/Procedures and Employee Manual – ACTION Items
- Adopt new policy to review one or two policies per meeting
- Mary Stegner discussed her re-writes to the Personnel Handbook.
Susan motioned to accept policy as written, Jean 2nd, motion carried
- Unfinished Business
- Updates on lot acquisition and next steps
- Encroachment issue : Discussed need for hiring an attorney. Amy Holm / Michael Pierce
Susan made a motion to approve Director to spend up to $500 for an attorney to handle the encroachment issue. Mary 2nd, motion carried.
- New Business
- Bank Account: Replace Laura Bettis with Mary Stegner as a signer on the Idaho First Bank account and any other accounts of the Donnelly Public Library.
Susan moved, Jean 2nds, motion carried.
- Questions/comments from the public
- Adjournment – motion to adjourn at 7:14 pm by susan, 2nd by Jean, all in favor, none opposed, motion carries